In a world where digitalisation is the norm, companies are increasingly concerned about the Cloud Security of their data. Having it available wherever you are sounds great, but how well protected is it? In this article, we explain everything from the basics of cloud security to the key things you should consider when choosing the perfect cloud tool for your company.
Table of Contents
1. What is cloud security?
Cloud security (also known as Cloud Security) is a solution that provides protection for everything stored in the cloud. From sensitive reports, to important applications and databases.
This technology is key to ensuring the privacy, confidentiality and integrity of what you have stored in the cloud. Malware and cyber attacks are as old as the internet itself, but what has been increasing is our dependence on certain tools.
There is no single way to gain access to effective cloud security, so the options can be daunting. At the end of this article, we offer a great tool that we think will change the way you think about managing your expenses securely.
1.1. Benefits of cloud security
Before going into more detail on the specifics of how it works, let’s first list the main advantages of this technology, which anyone can benefit from.
- Data and application protection: Cloud Security helps protect data and applications stored in the cloud from potential security threats.
- Security and privacy standards: Helps companies that store sensitive data in the cloud, such as personal customer information or financial information, to comply with security and privacy standards.
- Cost reduction and efficiency: Can help companies leverage cloud security resources instead of having to invest in expensive infrastructure and specialised security staff.
- Increased growth: It offers flexibility and scalability for enterprises by allowing them to modify their capacity. This allows them to adapt to changes in demand and grow effectively.
- Remote access: Enables remote access and real-time collaboration, which will be great for remote workers or teams that need to share information and access the same resources.
In short, it provides a number of benefits that lead to growth at a lower cost and free the company from many concerns.
2. How is Cloud Security guaranteed?
We are sure that you will feel more at ease if they explain to you how it works to protect all your information. Cloud security tools work in this way:
- Authentication and identity management: This includes measures such as strong passwords, multi-factor authentication, access permissions and role management.
- Data encryption: Encryption protects data by scrambling information so that it can only be read by authorised individuals or systems.
- Cloudactivity monitoring: This feature helps detect and prevent potential security threats.
- Protection against external threats: Detection and prevention of DDoS attacks, web content filtering and malware protection.
As you can imagine, the technical features go far beyond what we can briefly express in a few lines.
3. Keys to choosing the right cloud tool
As you will have noticed throughout the article, the importance of such technology should not be overlooked if you are in the cloud. Therefore, we would like to present you with some keys to take into account when choosing the most relevant cloud tool for your company.
- Needs and requirements: You should consider what type of data and applications should be stored and processed in the cloud, and whether additional capabilities such as integration with other applications or services are needed.
- Security: You should ensure that the tool offers adequate security measures such as physical security of data centres, data protection and user access rights.
- Compatibility: You should check if the tool works on different operating systems and devices such as mobile, if it has integration by app, web…
- Price: Money is king. Your company will have to evaluate the pricing model and costs such as storage, data processing and maintenance.
- Technical support: This feature will never be more important than when the security of your data is at stake. Good availability for your queries and questions is key.
An issue of great relevance for all companies is the management of corporate expenses. All companies incur expenses that need to be recorded and kept on hand for budgeting purposes. Even more so when business trips are made or when there are unforeseen day-to-day expenses and purchases.
In this sense, Tickelia is a 360º corporate expense management software in the cloud, which is ISO 27001 and 9001 certified, to guarantee maximum security.
It is available in mobile App ( iOS and Android version) and web version that allows companies to manage purchases and subscriptions in a simple and agile way. All from anywhere, either via mobile phone, tablet or computer.
In addition, Tickelia incorporates filters to create multilevel approval flows prior to the payment of any purchase or subscription, or the reporting of expenses, so that both managers and the purchasing department have greater control and traceability of all operations.
Request a demo today and discover all that Tickelia has to offer!